Less is more – that’s the philosophy of a minimalist decorating style
The Minimalism outlook is one of a systematized and organized look that helps to make you feel both calm and relaxed. Don’t worry; this doesn’t mean you need to go totally bare to pull it off! With this look, you can still include beautiful furniture, flooring, window fashions, decorative pieces and artwork. There are a lot of choices for you to work with too, from a beach vibe to an Asian zen style to modern and sophisticated.
If you are tired of the clutter in your home, this may be a great way to kill two birds with one stone – yes, have your cake AND eat it too. You can accomplish this with cabinets, closets and other out-of-sight storage. Another benefit is the cleaning, or lack there of. With a minimalist décor, it is easier to clean since there are fewer elements to dust, wipe, mop and vacuum.
Minimalist colors are usually soft, muted, and monochromatic. White, brown, soft earth tones like beige, taupe, tan and gray are the most common colors for minimalism. A variation in texture usually takes the place of a variation in bright colors.
Here are some tips to create a minimalist style in your home:
- Make one element the focal point in a room -the other pieces can support it.
- Use clear surfaces, with a few, well-selected décor items on top of tables and floors – such as a sculpture or a vase of flowers or photo of your family.
- Go with a limited number of pieces of artwork on your walls. – leave some walls with no artwork and the art you showcase will stand out even more.
- Try using solid colors instead of patterns and then use textures to create the visual interest in a room.
- Use calming colors for furniture, flooring, window covers and bed linens.
You can make your home more peaceful by following a minimalist design strategy. When it comes to the window treatments, call Earth Care Windows and we will help you design the perfect coverings for your minimalist look.